Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 41

Thread: AG overload

  1. #11
    Inactive Member judiaci's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 4th, 2003
    Posts
    2,354
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by Ds9jullian:
    I spent my weekend with 27 AG's and am currently construcing two AG collages for a library event.
    Ashley
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">27 dolls is a lot of dolls, even for this board. Maybe you could pack some away and see how you feel. It sounds like you have many important decisions coming up in your life. I do think AG and this board can sometimes be an escape from real life. A small amount of that is healthy, but not if you don't feel good about it.

    I felt that way after last year's code. I bought way too much stuff and I also bought stuff at the AG Outlet. My closet was overloaded, and I didn't even take many of the things out of the boxes. That's why last week I put 18 auctions on e-Bay and this week I put 10 auctions on. I feel much better now. The good news is that I made a good profit on my auctions. It will go toward my moving expenses. If you have to sell part of your collection, at least you will make some money on it.

    Best of luck with your job search and possible move.

  2. #12
    Inactive Member Ds9jullian's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 30th, 2005
    Posts
    286
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I won't sell any of it but for the most part it is packed away. Amanda is here, so Hermione is staying out while she waits for a new wig. I am also keeping the Bitty Twins out because I have no where to store their crib.

    Ashley

    <font color="#051E50" size="1">[ February 01, 2006 10:03 PM: Message edited by: Ds9jullian ]</font>

  3. #13
    Inactive Member PrincessRuthie's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 19th, 2004
    Posts
    2,054
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Wow, sometimes I feel AG overwhelmed, too. Sometimes I want all of the historicals, but sometimes I wish I could have just one doll again...or even just four dolls like I used to have! But I can't give dolls away because I get too darn attached! I'm just trying to resist getting any dolls right now or for awhile. Kaya, Josefina, and Addy have to wait for a long while to come home. And no Elizabeth for me. No Kailey. No Jess...let's hope! I don't need to keep getting dolls. I have 11 AGs. Sometimes I feel like I could bring that down to 8 by selling at least 3, but I'd miss those 3. So I'm just trying to avoid getting many new ones.

  4. #14
    Inactive Member Jeanette M.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    July 18th, 2003
    Posts
    1,239
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by Bugs Mc:
    If you feel guilty about putting your AG's in boxes or run out of storage space, you could always send them to boarding school/ summer camp. I would be willing to host your little dears and guarantee their safety and value.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I would love to run a boarding school or summer camp at my house, too! [img]biggrin.gif[/img] I love doing things with my girls, and don't try to do everything with every one of them. All of them are always out and about around the house, but I only do special things with a few at a time. I can honestly say that I have never had the "I have too many dolls and too much stuff for them" feeling, and I can't imagine myself ever feeling that way. [img]smile.gif[/img]

  5. #15
    Inactive Member julliams's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 3rd, 2006
    Posts
    162
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I totally identify with this feeling. I used to collect My Child dolls and I ended up with over 50 of them. It was suffocating. I would look at the ones on display and feel heavy and then I would find ones in storage and finally I just felt sick just thinking about them.

    I sold half of my collection and felt a whole lot better. Of course I made a great profit too so that was great but I felt much freer.

    Now at my last count it was 30 dolls and I plan to sell most of them and keep about 6 of my very favourites. Then of course I am going to start on AG!!

    So, if any of you out there want to sell your dolls... [img]wink.gif[/img]

    I was actually thinking that I might get Kit and all her accessories but then I thought it might be better to get one of each of the historical dolls so now I'm just not sure.

    Juliette

  6. #16
    Inactive Member MollyGirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 16th, 2005
    Posts
    945
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I think some of is that AG is coming out with too many dolls and outfits at once. Two new dolls a year. I have lost count on how many new outfits have came out in 2005.

    It becomes a rat race just trying to get the items you really want. Knowing that at anytime AG will retire something and if it is wanted you will pay double for it. That is the part that drives me crazy.

    I think the best way to go in AG is to get one doll and get all the clothes and accessories for her that you like, or a complete historical collection. Then branch out to get another doll.

    [img]graemlins/smarty.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/smarty.gif[/img]

  7. #17
    talentedtwelve12
    Guest talentedtwelve12's Avatar

    Post

    [QUOTE]Originally posted by Bugs Mc:
    [QB]If you feel guilty about putting your AG's in boxes or run out of storage space, you could always send them to boarding school/ summer camp.

    oooh! Sounds like a fun idea! I'll host a boarding school/summer camp! I'm willing to send a few dolls out too!

    [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]wink.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

  8. #18
    Inactive Member Ds9jullian's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 30th, 2005
    Posts
    286
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I only own seven, the rest belong to a friend of mine.

    Ashley

  9. #19
    Inactive Member judiaci's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 4th, 2003
    Posts
    2,354
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by Ds9jullian:
    I only own seven, the rest belong to a friend of mine.

    Ashley
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Once you are back down to 7, you might feel better! Are you just borrowing the dolls for your project?

  10. #20
    Felicity_Fan85
    Guest Felicity_Fan85's Avatar

    Post

    I'm not into the "I have to get an outfit because it might retire soon"- if it does, it usually won't matter to me. I'm happy with what i've got. I mean I would love a doll with a different facemold, like addy or Kaya, and also an ebay fixer upper because I want to send a doll travelling, but not one that I paid the full $87 for. And there are a few more things I want for Kirsten and Felicity, but nothing too much. I don't think I'm on an overload yet. I too should not come on the board as much, partly because I still have to fix my computer and also because of classes. But I love my collection and would never want to sell any of it. (I've never sold my beanie babies and I have over 50. My friend has over 150 beanie babies!).

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •